The official WORLD YOUTH DAY CROSS comes to Washington DC this summer, August 25, 2018!
Come take part in this once-in-a-generation celebration of the Visit of the World Youth Day Cross, as it makes its first pilgrimage to the United States in twenty-five years! Youth, young adults, and families are all invited to take part in this historic event! Register today! Or click the links above for more details!
highlights of the day
* 9:00 AM - A sacred procession of the WYD Cross, carried by youth and young adults, across the National Mall, beginning on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Be there by 9:00 AM for a special opening address and prayer by a local bishop (TBA).
* 9:20 - 11:00 AM - A sacred procession of the Cross, carried by young people, sets out across the National Mall, including stops at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial, Washington Monument, and Smithsonian Castle.
* 12:20 PM - 3:35 PM - The Cross continues its pilgrimage with prayers, veneration, confession, and an afternoon of liturgical and cultural activities at the Saint John Paul II National Shrine.
* 3:35 PM - A special keynote address by nationally acclaimed speaker (TBA).
* 4:35 - 5:15 PM - A final procession of the Cross to the National Basilica of the Immaculate Conception.
* 5:15 PM - 6:30 PM - Sunday Mass with the Cross at the Basilica.